Ralph Jones and Scott Mauney collected photos, newspaper clippings and remembrances for the Corinthian Sailing Club's 60th Anniversary party publication in 1999. Gay Means wrote the first CSC history for this event. This provided the starting point for this account. Frank Richards used the following sources to prepare the initial website history in 2002.
- CSC 60th Anniversary Booklet and Slide Show
- White Rock History, Gay Means (can be found in the above booklet)
- Dredging in 1974, John Diggins account
- Dallas Morning News - August 7, 1994
- Dallas Times Herald - July 18, 1974
- Dallas The Deciding Years - A Historical Portrait, A. C. Greene
- Reminiscences: A Glimpse of Old East Dallas, Edited by Gerald D. Saxon
- Texas/Dallas History and Archive Department, Dallas Public Library
- White Rock Lake Park - Watermelon Kid's History Website by Steven Butler
- History Page, For The Love Of The Lake Website by Steven Butler
- Legend of the Lady of the Lake Website
Frank Richards was asked to represent CSC in preparing an exhibit about sailing on the lake for the new White Rock Lake Museum in Summer 2004. As a result, he updated this history of CSC and sailing on White Rock Lake. This update adds information from the following sources.
- Corinthian Sailing Club Archives
- White Rock Sailing Club Archives
- Snipe Fleet 1 Archives, compiled primarily by Fred and Bobbie Deere
- History of Dallas Corinthian Yacht Club (and Dallas Sailing Club), Balfour Patterson
- History of the White Rock Boat Club.,.1960 to 2001, Bill Caldwell
- White Rock Boat Club archive photos and good record of the 1974 and 1998 dredgings. Includes Report of Sedimentation Survey, White Rock Lake, September - October 1970.
- History of the Rebel Fleet, Yvonne Flanigan, September 1985
- From Water Supply to "Urban Oasis" - A History of White Rock Lake, Steven R. Butler, 2004 and 2011
- The Spinnaker, Dallas Sailing Club publication, issues from June 1932 to June 1934, from the For The Love Of The Lake collection (photo above)
- Dallas Municipal Archives, City of Dallas
- The Centennial History of the Dallas Park System, Harry Jepsen, Robert Newton and Patricia Hogan, 1976
- National Park Service, CCC Development Outline for White Rock Park, September 1937
- Dallas Morning News, 11-2-24, 7-15-31, 7-26-31, 7-27-31, 9-2-31, 11-24-31, 9-4-32, 9-11-32, 10-1-32, 10-24-34, 10-30-34, 8-27-35, 9-1-35, 5-21-37, 7-4-37, 6-26-38, 7-3-38, 1-22-39, 1-25-39, 3-1-39, 3-2-39, 3-30-39, 6-4-39, 7- 2-39, 8-5-39, 10-1-39, 9-30-40, 11-6-39, 9-30-40, 10-6-40, 7-4-41, 9-22-41, 1-13-42, 2-11-42, 6-3-42, 6-6-42, 9-6-42, 3-17-46, 4-14-46, 9-4-51, 10-21-56, 8-8-58, 1-21-62, 2-23-62, 4-26-62, 12-27-62, 3-18-65, 4-30-65, 8-24-65, 1-19-68, 2-9-69, 3-8-69, 1-23-70, 8-12-70, 8-6-72, 8-22-72, and 10-8-72
- Dallas Time Herald, July 17, 1937 and May 2, 1957
- The White Rocker, February 8, 1980
- The Outdoor Times, March 29, 1968
- Conversations with John Brodnax, Bill Caldwell, Jackie Carver, Marshal Fagen, Bruce Faust, Roger Hansen, Max Hibbs, Neil Hutson, Leslie Maynard, Willis McQueen and David Patterson.
Sally Rodriquez wrote Images of America White Rock Lake, 2010 after this history was written. She had access the the Dallas Park and Recreation Department's archives. Her work is substantially in agreement with this history.
There are probably still errors and omissions in this work. If you see corrections that need to be made or have additional information about the history of CSC or sailing on the lake, please contact the club webmaster.