A video conference community meeting was held by the parks department and water utilities on July 16 to review the draft results of the lake dredging feasibility study and obtain community feedback. The meeting was recorded and the video is available online. It is 1 hr 48 min including Q and A.
Public questions and comments will be accepted via Google form that will be live until July 31. You may use this form to provide feedback.
The following are Forest Atkins' key take-aways were:
- Freese Nichols engineering doing a good-thorough job with our tax money
- Multiple sediment core samples show to be quite clean
- only trace findings of "chemicals of concern" are well below EPA thresholds
- opens, or does not impede, locations for deposition of dredgings
- Will take about three years to get to actual dredging
- Charts showing silting-in rate indicate the upper end of lake where CSC resides will be "land" again in 50 years without dredging